No Bake Energy Bites 7 Ways (Make Ahead)

This month, I dove deep with no bake energy bites.  Actually, I’ve been working on this post for several months.  You can see in my weekly meal preps, I’ve been prepping energy bites every week for…quite awhile now.

Why no bake energy bites?  Because snacking is kind of my achilles heel.  If I don’t have a convenient healthy snack, I’m into those tortilla chips.  Always.

And while experimenting, I found I really enjoyed having a little stash of these no bake energy bites.  They are SUPER convenient to grab on your way out the door.  They are sweet enough that you feel like you just had a treat, and filling enough to keep you going when you’re on empty.

For these energy bites I went with a nut butter base over a date base.  Two reasons: a) dates are expensive.  FREAKING expensive.  I can’t justify the price for what you get.  b) you don’t need your food processor.  In fact, all of these no-bake energy bite recipes require simply one bowl.  Woo hoo!

Tips for rolling perfect no-bake energy bites:

  • Use a cookie scoop.  This helps pack all the ingredients together, making rolling a breeze.  I use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop for these recipes.
  • Allow the ingredients to chill slightly before rolling. This makes rolling SO EASY.  I like to chill for an hour or so before rolling.
  • No time?  No worries!  Work with *slightly* damp hands to prevent the ingredients from sticking to your hands.

Tips for storing your no-bake energy bites:

  • Short term: Store in a sealed container in the fridge.  Your energy bites are good for a week or so.
  • Long term: Store in plastic bags in the freezer.  Freeze on a cookie sheet for one hour before transferring to a ziplock plastic bag in the freezer.  *Remove as much air as possible before sealing the bag*
  • To thaw: place in the fridge overnight

This base recipe is what I worked off to create all of the flavors.  If you make it as is, you’re going to need to add more oats (1-2 tablespoons).  I found honey and maple syrup to be interchangeable, although honey has more of a dominant flavor and I have suggested one over the other for certain recipes.

You can find complete recipes here



source http://allaboutfood.dumay.club/no-bake-energy-bites-7-ways-make-ahead/
Loading...

Post a Comment

0 Comments